Uniform Transfer to Minors Act Accounts

An account that you control for your child.

If you prefer an account that you control for your child, consider a Uniform Transfer to Minors Act (UTMA) account. The child’s name appears on the account and the dividends are reported using the child’s tax ID number. However, the child has no access to the funds. Funds must be disbursed by the time the child reaches age 21. SFCU offers UTMA savings, checking and certificates.

Refer to separate fee schedule, dividends and account disclosure page for more information.

ID required at account opening.

You can become a member of SFCU if you or a member of your immediate family lives, works, worships or attends school in Bristol County, Plymouth County & Barnstable County in Massachusetts; Bristol, Kent, Newport and Providence counties in Rhode Island; and the Rhode Island towns of Charlestown, Exeter, Hopkinton, Narragansett, New Shoreham, North Kingstown, Richmond and South Kingstown.

ATTENTION MEMBERS: Due to our Core System Conversion please make note that a paper statement will be mailed to ALL original SFCU members for statement ending September 30th. Following this, statement distribution will return to normal with you receiving either the e-statement or paper statements for which you are enrolled.
This is default text for notification bar