You can request money from someone using their:
- Name and email address: your contact will receive an email with instructions on how to pay the request.
- Name and mobile number: a text message will be sent to the recipient on your behalf with instructions on how to pay the request.
The person you requested money from has to sign up with POP Money, if not registered already.
Once he/she has signed up successfully and pays against the request, you should receive the payment within three business days. The payment will be deposited into the account you selected when sending the request.
If the sender sends the money using your email address or mobile phone number, you will receive an email or text message with instructions on how to deposit the payment into your account.
If the sender uses your account information, the money will be deposited directly into your account. In that case, you will only receive a notification if the sender enters an optional message when submitting the payment.
The cost to receive money is $.75.
The cost to send money depends upon the delivery time selected.
- $.75 for three day delivery.
- $1.50 for next day delivery.
POP Money is an innovative personal payment service that eliminates the hassles of checks and cash. Now sending and receiving money is as easy as emailing and texting.
The timing to receive the funds depends on the type of account used to make the payment. The delivery speed will be displayed when you schedule the payment. It could take additional time if your contact has not used POP Money or will have to log in and accept the payment.
If you are sending the payment notification through email and your contact wants to collect the funds into an account; he/she must provide his/her Eligible Transaction Account information by 10 PM Pacific Time in order to receive the funds the next business day.
You can send money using a recipient's:
- email address: your contact will receive an email with instructions on how to direct the payment into his or her Eligible Transaction Account.
- mobile number: a text message will be sent to the recipient with instructions on how to direct the payment into his or her Eligible Transaction Account. If the recipient does not respond to the payment notification after 3 days, a reminder text message will be sent reminding him/her to act on the payment notification.
- Eligible Transaction Account information (routing and account number): money will be directly deposited into your contact's Eligible Transaction Account. You will also have the option to send the contact an email.
POP Money allows you to send money to friends, family or anyone at all. Simply log into SFCU's Online Banking and enroll in Bill Pay. You can then send or request money from your contacts. They will be notified by email or text message that you wish to send money or are requesting money from them. You and your contacts will never need to exchange financial account information.
POP Money is easy and convenient for you and the people you send money to. Users can simply receive money in their account, saving them a trip to the Credit Union. Use POP Money to:
- Send money to your child at college.
- Pay back friends for a fun outing.
- Pay your babysitter or lawn care service.
- Pay rent to your landlord or roommates.